On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Thursday, blessed Thursday

My workweek ended at 3:00 this afternoon so I'm free until Monday. YES!  I'm tired today, I appreciate the break.  The weather is shifting to something cooler so I'll be able to plant some more flowers at the edges of  border beds and I can read, read, read.

First, I need to walk the dogs.  It will be my 55th consecutive -- that means no misses -- days of walking at least one mile, sometimes more.  I only ask that 20 minutes of myself to keep the streak going and it seems to be the way to form a habit, to call it a streak.  Now, if I miss a day I'll have to begin all over with ONE, and that is not something I want to do.  Remember, my original goal was to hit 1,000 -- after 2-1/2 years I figure it really will be a habit.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you on the walking! I promised to get walking every day and I've done it maybe 6 times this year so far? Not good at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly the way it was with me until I started the mile-a-day streak. Now I don't want to break it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails