On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer dogs

I took Demi to the library today so the kids could read to her.  It was the last day of the program until fall and perhaps even longer.  The library is relocating to temporary quarters in order to allow for a year-long earthquake retrofitting and remodeling project.  The move itself will take eight weeks but the new space is much smaller and it hasn't been determined what programs will continue.  So... Demi and I are on hold for now with plans to enjoy the lovely summer days to come.

6 comments:

  1. Great art journal. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely drawings on gridded pages =) I find that bringing me back to the days when I was in school doing math while doodling

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have the most educated dog in the world! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do - she reads for an hour a week! - Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alex - I wish I had thought of that when I was a kid! - Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meegan -- Thanks for stopping by. - Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails