On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Splendid Sunday

If every day was like this I wouldn't dislike summer so much.  Here it is, 4:30 in the afternoon and the temperature is only 77,º perfect dog-walking weather which is our next plan.  There is a lovely breeze as well and all the doors and windows are open. Bliss!

I feel badly about exulting in the weather.  I was just watching CNN and saw how beastly terrible the heat is in so much of the country, including my own former stomping grounds of Illinois.  Even in the hottest weather here there is relatively low humidity so we're never sticky hot, the way I remember growing up in Chicago and southern Illinois.  We carry on and complain anyway, even if the temps are still in the upper 80ºs, but that wouldn't be today.

Keep cool, crunch ice and drink lots of fluids.  Or come to northern California!

3 comments:

  1. Any day you can go for a walk with the dog is a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more! - Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, to enjoy each day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails