On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, June 06, 2011

Penultimate day of Juneuary

It is so cold here this evening!  The furnace has been on since October in spite of the horrific heat spells I keep hearing about in other parts of the country. There was a bit more rain this morning and the sun never did get around to showing itself. One more day and then the warm-up.

Having the Sierra snowpack suddenly melting is likely to create problems too, even flooding I'm told. But it will mean that Juneuary has finally ended and that we might make it to summer by the time of the solstice.

I've decided:  In my next life I'm going to study to become a meteorologist so that I can get paid to stare out the window and watch the weather.  It's my favorite thing!

2 comments:

  1. I shut the windows this morning! It was too cool at 58 degrees to leave them open. We warmed up to 84 degrees but have a cool wind. It's actually beautiful weather but very unusual as we should be in the nineties. I am not going to complain unless we end up without rain this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand the weather in any part of this country this year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails