On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Morning song

I woke up at 5:00 this morning, which I consider insane.  But Steve started quoting from The Wind in the Willows," something about the carol of the birds heralding the dawn.  The cacophony of the birds!

There must have been a bazillion in the trees of our neighborhood, each one greeting every other one - with gusto!  They sang, together, separately, call and response and for the sheer joy of seeing a new day.  I wish I could say I identified the various kinds, but I don't know their songs yet.  I only know there were many and that they all sing loudly.  Very loudly.

2 comments:

  1. ha ha ha. we sometimes have magpies that wake me up TOO early. Other bird songs I like, but the magpies just sqwak loudly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I guess we don't have magpies here because I've never heard anyone mention them and wouldn't recognize one myself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails