On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Getting things done


Brix
I'm ready for a Friday night at home.  Today was all about running around and taking care of business.  Brix had a veterinary appointment this morning - almost $400 for routine care (he better not get sick!).  He weighs 72# (we got dinged for weight six months ago) so we passed that test.  And he didn't have an ear infection this time, amazing!

We walked one mile there and one mile back so I'm feeling virtuous about that, at least.  Today is the 28th day of my walking streak so now I can't miss a day and mess up my good work.

Later I had appointments in Santa Rosa with a list of shopping errands.  So I've had it. It's the weekend.  Youngest Daughter is having a couple girlfriends over for a sleepover, but that's not until tomorrow.  That's a whole other chapter.

2 comments:

  1. Good exercise for both of you! Keep it up, you're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:10 PM

    Found your blog through 43things (I am Trauma_Junkie!)
    I just wanted to cheer on your walking, sometime it's hard to get a programme going. but it looks like you did great incorporating it into getting other things done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails