On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Grab that leash and walk it!

Artist:  Yanell
The children in the library who enjoy reading to Demi often gift me with drawings that they made during the week.  This one eventually became the illustration for the weekly bookmark I make for the kids with the words, "I read to Demi today."

My heart breaks for the folks in Joplin, Missouri - and it was already broken for the folks suffering from the flooding Mississippi and the earlier tornadoes.  I heard on the news that 2011 has had more natural disasters than any other year in U.S. history and we're not even half-way through!

I'm embarrassed to say that our own weather has been absolutely spectacular.  The skies have been clear with a warming sun and the temperature has been in the low 70ºs, the kind of weather that makes you want to take a walk and be grateful that you're still alive.

So I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails