On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, April 15, 2011

But will they come?

I didn't draw this postcard but I love it!  A teenager in Taiwan sent it to me, it was her first postcard to mail as a new participant in POSTCROSSING.COM and I was happy to tell her I received it.  She likes to draw, she said, and the card was handmade.

The local newspapers published the press release four times about the 31st International SketchCrawl that I sent to them so I'm hopeful that our community will truly be involved tomorrow. I know friends in my watercolor class will participate, but I don't know who will see the newspaper publicity and feel inclined to respond. Weather is forecasted to be favorable, there is no fee, there is lots to draw and there are no age or skill limitations. SketchCrawls - drawing marathons - strike me as one of the most innocent of group pleasures - gathering with a group of strangers (new friends) and drawing for a few hours, comparing work and saying goodbye until next time. I built the field, but will they come? (To be continued....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails