On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rain here, snow there

TV news reported that another 65+ inches of snow fell in the Sierra in the past week and I believe it. When it rains here it snows there - and has it rained! and rained! and rained!

So what do I do when it rains? I sit around with the boys at Juvenile Hall and draw my shoe. It's a little wonky, but that's the rain for you...

Parisse, one of the black labs here at home, has an ear infection. There's that telltale rattling of the collar tags when it gets to her (plus the bloody scratch marks when she tries to make it go away). I started a solution today that also has some antibiotic in it and it seems to be calming things down. (No more rattles.)

As Steve's mom used to say, There's always something...

3 comments:

  1. I don't mind the rain either, as long as I don't have to spend time outside in it. It makes for a lovely day reading a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:24 AM

    I like your shoe very much - it looks very comfy! Good way to spend a rainy day - but hope the rain clears soon for you.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, that's what my husband says too. Of course there is always something. Life happens. The trick is to deal with it and you have. I've drawn my shoe too at times, usually when I am sitting in the car waiting for my husband with nothing else around to draw.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails