On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tired already

I think the sun is sinking behind the mountainside, but I also know that I made some ginormous mistakes that confuse the eye. This is the second glazed mountain postcard in a series of, uh, a couple hundred, perhaps, before I get it right.

I layered the glazes in class this afternoon while I was waiting for something else to dry. While watching The State of the Union address I added the trees and sun.

It's been a busy day - a couple hours in the infusion suite (Herceptin, Aredia), errands on the way home, three hours of class, one client, one speech. I still have some prep work for tomorrow's long day so I'll be up late.

For all that, it was another spectacular day and I can only be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails