On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Getting started

In class last week I made the underdrawing of this painting and today I began the first layers of wash. I have a long way to go and will probably only work on it during class time, but I haven't totally wrecked it yet so plan to continue. It's in the finch family, but not local to these parts.

I enjoy painting birds and probably should do it more often. The shapes are manageable and I enjoy the many who come to our feeders.

3 comments:

  1. You're off to a very good start on this bird. I don't enjoy drawing birds much except for owls. I love owl faces and the shapes of their bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to draw birds because I can! The shapes are simple and obvious so the difficult part is making realistic feathers and other specific features.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great start; I would almost even call it finished!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails