On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, August 02, 2010

Leaf a day

My camelia leaves look like they're dying in late fall! In real life they are a healthy deep green, but my scanner argues with me sometimes. At any rate, I'm at least drawing leaves these days, if nothing else.

The first client of the day came in complaining about her doing-nothing tomato plants and that's the story all over the county. My office was 66º F at 9:00 a.m. and I was tempted to turn on the heat! It's August, I can't no matter what, but the thought did cross my mind. Tomatoes cannot thrive when it's downright chilly from 8:00 p.m. until at least noon. There just isn't enough heat or sun. Now, if I'd known this was coming I could have planted Frisco Foggers and maybe I wouldn't be whining. And of course, if it was our usual 95º for August, I'd be complaining about that too, wouldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails