On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

End of summer already?

Today was a slow day, one of those when life just poked along. I saw clients, went to my watercolor class, raked out the chicken pen and took a nap -- how slow is that?

Youngest Daughter has returned from her week with friends in a cabin so our family is settling back into a normal routine.

The fall start-up is earlier this year. When the kids were reading to Demi in the library yesterday they said school starts August 16th instead of after Labor Day - but they'll get out much earlier in June (when they can't concentrate on classwork anyway).

They seem excited and ready to return. There's something really magical about the first day of a new school year - all those brand new school supplies, the lunch box, the hubbub of excitement in the air, the freshly decorated bulletin boards - there aren't many days on the calendar that can hold a candle to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails