On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Every family needs one

Steve was horrified when I first wanted a dog. Now we have three. He thought I was losing it when I suggested chickens. We now have six. I haven't been successful on the miniature goat. And it's highly unlikely I'll get the elephant.

2 comments:

  1. I've got a couple of full sized goats. Goats are pretty easy to take care of. Trimming their nails when they get long is the biggest thing. We have a pile of rocks in their pen and that makes it so once a year is enough but they don't like it and are very strong about saying so. If you took the goat for walks on the street it would wear down his hooves also. But a single goat needs lots of attention. They are a group animal (which is why we have two) and they live longer than I expected. But hey, if you're going to have a farm then why not go all the way and have one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you please tell my husband?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails