On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sunflower 2

The sunflowers are opening further each day now. Two volunteers that sprung up from nowhere are about ten feet tall and loaded with huge buds. A third one that I actually did plant is not far behind. It wasn't until last year that I realized I even liked sunflowers and now they've become one of my latest obsessions!

I was thinking today that I probably should have become a meteorologist. Not like the weather folks on TV with their daily forecast, but more like the sit-all-day-behind-computers and highly technical equipment and watch things happening.

I'm forever talking about the weather. I greet clients with weather words -- Come in out of the cold/heat/rain. Isn't is beautiful today? -- and I decide on the worth of each day when I first wake up and read the forecast in the daily newspaper. It's supposed to rain (great, I love rain). It will continue to be unseasonably cool (great, I like cool). It will be unseasonably hot (great, maybe the tomatoes will finally turn into something) and so it goes.

There's no weather that I don't like. Well, I do have a preference for weather that actually does something. Storms, YES! Wind, oh, listen to that howl! Fog, what a dramatic drive, couldn't see but a few feet in front of me. Snow? Oh, I wish! It so seldom happens in northern California but I usually manage to get somewhere to see it at least once each year.

As I said, I should have become a meteorologist. I could talk about the weather ALL DAY LONG and get paid to do so! Oh, I so missed my calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails