On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Doing the math

Last December 31st I made a long list of New Years' resolutions, one of which was to walk 500 miles in 2010. I walk most days, but usually only for one mile which means I am now officially behind. At the end of June, the half-way point, I should have been at 250, right? At the end of July, about three days away, it would be 7/12 of 500 = 292 miles. It's been a long time since I studied third grade arithmetic, but I think I did that right. (I used a calculator.)

Uh-oh, as of today I've only hit the 151-mile point. I feel like Charlie Brown in the comic strip, I'm about 141 miles behind, I'll never catch up, I'm doomed and nobody will like me anymore!

Oh yes, I will reach 500 miles, I haven't given up yet. I have to walk more than one mile each day, even after the clocks change and it gets dark before supper. If I'm gonna miss my goal, it has to be a respectable miss.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Barb. Those darn goals get in the way sometimes, but they also keep us going. I never made my BAK training goal, but I made respectable mileage and I sure liked having a reason to put the hours of riding in, and I'm better for it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails