On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Something new

'Twas my lot in life to attend a lengthy meeting this morning. It sort of plodded along and along and along, something that would have annoyed me in my pre-drawing days.

Today, however, I appreciated the pace because it gave me an opportunity to attempt sketching some of the faces across from me. I erased the first several, then got into it a little. I've never really done this before and admit envy to those who routinely draw other faculty members and coworkers. These are just about recognizeable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails