On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, March 05, 2010

Oh, what a good read!

Forgive me, those of you who read THE KITE RUNNER a few years ago, discussed it in your book groups and attended the movie.

I did none of the above and am now playing catch-up. I just finished reading THE KITE RUNNER, by Khaled Hosseini and am quite certain this is one of the best books I've ever read, ever. It's just awesome, from the beginning sections when we learn of the relationship of two boys from two classes, one from the aristocracy, the other from servitude. And then they grow up, the plot thickens and turns, develops cliff-hanging surprises -- all with the political backdrop of Afghanistan the monarchy, under Soviet occupation, ruled by the Taliban. I've rarely turned pages so quickly! (You can click on the image to find your own copy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails