On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Drawing compulsively

I was all over northern California today -- 25 miles north of home, 30 miles south of home. My little area of wandering isn't typically that large in a single day.

We've had several more days of rain which made it perfect weather to get together with some friends for lunch.

Later Steve and I attended a book signing by Kathleen Norris who is speaking about her new book, ACEDIA AND ME. I haven't read it yet, but we now have a copy to share. (You can click on one of the links on the right to have your own copy sent from amazon.)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sketch!
    You are so productive! I need to get a bit more compulsive (or rather committed) too, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:28 AM

    Nice. You can really feel the weight of Demi on the floor. Posture looks relaxed. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails