On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Macro-monster

I think if I saw this guy approaching me on the beach I'd run ... fast! But today I was simply trying to follow the lines and add a shadow. It was much more complicated than I anticipated.

Steve went with me to the library where Demi is the library dog. We have a little group of regulars now so seven read to her for about ten minutes each. Steve had never seen this program in action so his role was simply to observe. Demi seems to enjoy the time. I like the way kids sit on the floor next to her, focusing on their books while mindlessly stroking her fur. One little kid pulled up her ears so she could hear better!

3 comments:

  1. It does look scary, doesn't it! You've done a great job of sketching it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:26 PM

    Great story! I've heard of library cats, but not a library dog. That's a great visual I got of the kids reading and petting Demi. You should draw that sometime. Love the crab. And I run from them now, too, ever since my toe got bitten by one while wading. Your colors are wonderful and guess those shadows can be a PITA sometimes. Don't stress over it, it's a great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fine job with the folds - they're tricky, but fun, aren't they! And the crab - well, I'd certainly give it wide berth and a whole lot of respect! Your drawing is great - I love the colors. nancy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails