On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Going for simplicity

I was in Ukiah, California this morning and noticed this little purple flower growing abundantly. I plucked one bloom and took it into Holy Trinity Church to draw during the service.

At the coffee hour later, I asked someone what it was. She seemed quite certain that it was Vinca minor, so certain that it isn't even occurring to me to run it through a Google search. Sort of like if you held up a rose to me, I would be able to get that one correctly!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely little painting of a delicate little flower! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:31 PM

    We have those little flowers all over, too. I think they are a kind of wildflower. Beautiful painting of it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails