On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Between the storms

There were brief periods of sunshine today, enough for the TV weather people to claim it "a beautiful day." (I guess they never noticed the dark clouds that were also apparent.) The next series of storms is coming through from Saturday to Wednesday.

The news from Haiti is beyond heartbreaking. I wanted to watch, to know what was happening, but it was so painful to see that I diluted the images by focusing on this goldfinch feeding at my window. He obviously knew was important to him, chomping away and filling his belly!

4 comments:

  1. I like the sketch of the finch. I'm often drawn in by color, and the yellow really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finch! What is that he's eating? Some type of cactus?

    And yes, it is heartbreaking to watch. I was actually angry at one point, after watching the story about the reality star girl having ten plastic surgeries in one day. And she can't wait to go back to get bigger breasts. Her current DDDs aren't big enough. It cost 35k. Then I think about how poor Haiti is. It just seems criminal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! I need more bird feeders! What's he eating?
    Revelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like he's eating a seed cake! I like cake. I also like your painting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails