On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Reading to a ratio of 5:1

Today was a chemotherapy day. The nurse who was infusing me thought I was the person in longest continuous chemotherapy on their current patient list. I don't know if that's good or bad - almost eight years of nonstop chemotherapy, but I'm alive! I've raised four puppies in that suite for Canine Companions for Independence and Demi still accompanies me regularly.




I've never outgrown the pleasure of being read to. Nor have I grown tired of reading the same books over and over. I once estimated that for every book I read for the first time, I reread five others.

Today I finished listening to the audiobook, THE NANNY DIARIES, by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus. I enjoyed the book when it first came out but I think hearing it read meant more to me. If anyone wants to know what pathological narcissism looks like, read (or listen to) this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails