On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Have you heard?

Every time I turn on the news I hear more and more about the great storm on the East Coast. Here on the West Coast we only got as far as fog this morning, then sunny bright skies most of the day. It was perfect weather for taking the dogs for a walk, which we did.

But I love snow. I envy those who get to see it, walk in it - or not - because it is so beautiful. I could only draw the snowmen I would construct if I had the wherewithal to do it.

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking about how we say it's "raining cats and dogs" and thought you were drawing "it's snowing snowmen"! I love to see snow fall but I don't want to drive in it or shovel it or endure the cold that comes with it.

    I enjoyed your snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:18 AM

    Your posts continue to inspire. Like your crowds of people, this is a celebration of color, composition and just plain fun. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...today Snowmen are quite appropriate. I love your snowman scene too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for looking! I was thinking this page was a weak effort, but you encourage me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails