On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Just checking in

Steve and I hung out at the Tuesday night farmers' market as we have most of the summer. The season is winding down and the market will be closing in another month or so. There's a year 'round market on Friday mornings but the atmosphere and offerings are completely different and more limited.

When the market closes, I will miss everything. Even though I never bought anything from her, I'll miss the balloon lady.



I grew my own sunflowers, but I'll miss seeing the buckets of flowers from Oak Hill Farm.



And since I love jams on my morning toast more than butter, I'll miss choosing from these.



We have awesome supermarkets here in town but for everyday veggies I'd rather choose from the market.



And I love watching my very own calzone baking in the oven.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am Judy of Nature Trail. Thank you for posting a comment on my blog and following what I do. Congratulations on your remission of your breast cancer. I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer stage 3c last Sept. It is a week from this week that I had surgery and have been in chemotherapy since then. The cancer just came back with multiple tumors just when it looked like it was almost gone. Ding dang. So started new treatment yesterday. Very strong stuff they call the Red Devil. I love your story of sudden remission. That is what I am hoping for. I admire your interest in learning to draw. I have been drawing seriously most of my life, which is now 65 years. But still take the occasional class and feel like I am always learning. Flickr has been a great way to see what other artists are doing. I highly recommend you get an account and join the party. Take care, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy - We have a lot in common! I'm also 65, BTW. Red Devil sounds like it might be Adriamycin ® which is sometimes used with ovarian cancer. Oh, I'm already on Flickr....you're right, it's a great way to check in on artists.

    Love your blog!

    Here's my email - bfbrannon@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails