On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, August 23, 2009

The weekend report

We stretched the weekend to three days beginning with lunch out on Friday at a restaurant with a patio that accommodates dogs.

We invited Demi and Brix to accompany us. Youngest Daughter has no tact, she ordered a hot dog!

Yesterday we celebrated the three August birthdays at a large public park in the East Bay of San Francisco. Brix is now six years old, I'm 65 and Youngest Grandson is ten.



Rarely do I include photos of family members on my blog but when your 10-year-old grandson makes a banana cream pie you have to show him off. It was his birthday, he wanted a birthday pie and he made it himself!

I also don't usually set up a tent in the living room either, but I guess there are exceptions to everything. Last week I mentioned that I had this hankering to go camping, something I haven't done in thirty years. I invited Youngest Daughter to go with me, along with one or two dogs.


Steve has no interest whatsoever but expressed concern for our safety. Well, we'll be safe enough! Our first venture will be in September with a church group. To prepare, Youngest Daughter and I set up the tent and I timed us. We had no idea what we were doing but we followed the directions and got it up in ten minutes flat. Later we put the fly over the top, another minute. So I think we'll be able to handle the setting up part -- but I don't know if we'll ever get the tent packed into the bag again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails