On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunny Sunday

The second week of class is over and I have a mound of homework to complete by Tuesday. It's actually only five contour drawings drawn with charcoal on 18x24 paper, but that feels like a lot to me. I finished two yesterday, but didn't really like the way they turned out. I wish I could warm up to drawing on large paper, but I don't like it ... yet. I wish I could draw!

In the meantime, I sketched in church this morning. Demi was asleep on the floor. It was a lovely warm summery day. School is back in session so vacations are mostly ended and the community seems to be digging in for a new academic year. I need to plan out my time better. I want to review the Spanish I learned a few years ago because there are so many Spanish speaking kids at Juvenile Hall and I could actually use the language there.

I also have plans to restore myself as a docent at local community sites and will be attending the review classes that begin next month. I worked briefly as a docent several years ago but got distracted by raising service dogs and illness and had to drop out.

I officially signed up with Youngest Daughter to go camping with a group on September 11 for that weekend. I bought most of the equipment we need so we're almost ready to go. My hope is that we'll camp at least once a month most of the year, weather permitting. The first trek will be easy because there will be others with us, but I also want to scout out nearby state and county parks for other trips by ourselves. With Brix, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails