On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, July 20, 2009

You can never have too much of a good thing

I was just counting the yogurt containers in my office. There are about 50. When you buy these things you're supposed to eat the yogurt and then return the containers for a refund. I eat the yogurt, but I never return the ceramic cups. They are much too useful on the shelves. Without my 50 yogurt cups -- and more on the way -- I would have pandemonium. I'm funny that way. And besides, when children come to see me, they know exactly where the art supplies are -- and where to put them back.



For all my art paraphernalia, it's really sorrowful how poorly I draw. But I seem to prefer basic contour lines with black ink on white paper. I can almost manage that. You can tell this is a leg and shoe, can't you?



I've never been to Williamsburg, Virginia, so was pleased when this postcard arrived today from a Postcrossing.com member.



And now it's my turn. My random draw was for someone in South Korea. It will go out in tomorrow's mail.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:41 AM

    I do wish we had yogurt in lovey pots like yours - we just get the plain old plastic. By the way, congratulations on the vegetables - yours are much cleaner than mine!
    I like your line drawings - isn't it funny how we all favour different things. I think those line drawings are really hard to do!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails