On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Grid to grow

I finally took snapshots of my gridded garden using the Square Foot Gardening method described by Mel Bartholomew. So far, so good. I need to refine it by planting more of some veggies and fewer of others, but stuff is popping up and looks healthy. There has been no weeding necessary inside the frames. You may want to click on the photos to enlarge the images.



The sunlight makes this one hard to see, but it shows nine young bean plants in each of about half of the squares and four stalks of corn in each the others.



Here are the radishes I keep writing about - top row, second grid from the left. There is more corn on the right. Some of the bottom plants are only about 1/4th or 1/2 inch tall, so you can't see them, but I can. They are really there!


The goal is to set out tomatoes elsewhere this weekend and to plant the fourth grid. I'm getting there.... slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails