On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Bright and sunny for the duration

The rain ended and I doubt we'll see more until November or later. That's sad for me since I love rainy weather. It's softer, much softer.

There's only one more project to do for my class this semester. We're to use an old-fashioned grid over a photograph and draw a self-portrait. I'm familiar with grid work, I can do this.

After that, the remainder of the class will be to work on and assemble our portfolios to present our ten best pieces for a final grade. My head is above water. This is only Drawing I and I've finally gotten that far!

The nasturtiums I planted by seed a few weeks ago are coming along nicely. They aren't showing any signs of blooms yet, but the leaves have that characteristic round shape. I figured I'd draw them into life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails