On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fresh start

I finished my 100-page sketchbook and put it on the shelf. There were some pages that I liked, but most I did not. So I made the resolution to begin a new book and to do better.

This time I'm working in a 9"x9" Aquabee which I like a lot. So far, that is.

The first page was intimidating so I drew a zentangle to break it in. That was yesterday.



Today I was at Juvenile Hall and was drawing with the boys. I finished this nasturtium based on a photo reference of a sketch.



When we went to work with the second group of boys I drew a perspective exercise from a book on the art cart. It was a helpful page because I still have a lot of trouble with some basic rules of perspective.



When I went to my own class this afternoon I worked on the class assignment for two hours and stopped. I used the last hour to work on this lily. I had a magazine photo reference to work from.



So far everything is pen and black ink. So... I guess this is my pen and black ink stage!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:44 PM

    Congratulations on filling your first sketch book. (I have not got that far ... yet.) You will soon have a whole shelf full of sketchbooks - it will be wonderful to look back through them and see your growth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It looks like you are off to a great start in your new sketchbook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off to a great start in the new sketchbook. The nasturtium is especially beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails