On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Sunny Saturday

Today was one of those lovely spring days that convinces you that you not only made it through another winter, but it's all going to be okay!

I don't know if you can see them, but there are at least three male goldfinches on the lower left side of this photo chowing down as fast as they can. (Click to enlarge the picture.) All day they and others flitted around and ate and ate and ate. In my next life I want to be a bird!



In my drawing class we're learning how to overlap objects so I made this page to practice. I'm really enjoying this systematic approach to basic skills, a step I had missed.

One of these days I'm going to get very brave and start drawing buildings and people throughout the community. It feels like a huge step. People move. Buildings require some perspective, not my strength. It still seems a bit overwhelming but I won't be able to document my everyday life if I can only draw single objects set on a table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails