On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, March 06, 2009

It's Friday!

I am so ready for the weekend! It's not that I have great plans -- although there are a few things I want to do -- but it's been a long week. I started to write "a long scary week" because the economic news is so dreadful. Whenever I turn on TV that's the story on every news program.

I keep reminding myself that I am okay. I am currently healthy. I have everything I need.

It's the rainy season, my favorite time of year and the neighborhood is full of blooming fruit trees. I saw a squirrel running along our back fence - the first squirrel I've seen on our block since we moved in fourteen years ago - and two deer when I was driving to Santa Rosa this afternoon. There is life and it is good!

Oh, the pill bottles. I'm just practicing the lesson on drawing ellipses and they were available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails