On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

On the way to class

Today was another rainy day, great news, but not drippy enough to pull us out of the drought we're still in. It didn't stop a red-shouldered hawk from perching on a wire just a few blocks from home and noticed by me as I drove to class this afternoon.


I didn't know what a red-shouldered hawk looked like, had never heard of them, until January 2008 when I participated in a bird journaling workshop and we went out in the field where one was pointed out to me. Now I see them all over the place. Maybe by next January I'll be able to draw one!

Every possible tree that can blossom is in bloom this week. We have a plum tree just bursting with  dark pink flowers. The plums (messy, messy, messy) will come later. Spring in Wine Country is gorgeous, that is undeniable. So is late fall. Summer is beautiful if you like warm sunny days. I'm weird that way, I prefer the austere order of the vineyards during the cold months. It's a roundabout way of saying that Wine Country is always splendid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails