On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Lives with wildlife

Clearly I am procrastinating. Steve took Belle the cat to the vet to see about her wonky leg. We know she is healthy because she had a regular visit a couple weeks ago, but it hurts to jump up and down. She acts like an old lady (like me) who needs to move more slowly.

In the meantime, the birds were congregating at two of the feeders in the back yard. I snapped this photo from my kitchen window. The reddish ones are male house finches; the yellow ones are male goldfinches. Anything else is a girl finch of some sort.


Then I noticed the dogs eyeing my camera so decided to snap them too.  Here is Parisse, the strange one with special needs (such as no stress, nothing scary, no loud or unexpected noises, nothing to freak her out and send her running).

And Demi, the other special needs dog, the one in chronic kidney failure (but you'd never know it if you met her). Demi used to be a service dog and was recently retrained to be a therapy dog. I take her to my medical appointments and chemotherapy, my classes, to church, to Juvenile Hall and to some stores.

Brix is the dude, #1 of the pack and don't forget it. He's the largest and the oldest, the noisiest and the worst behaved (but still a pretty great dog). 

And don't forget Belle the cat. She's part of the group too, just not available right now for the photo shoot.  And now, I really will get my day started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails