On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Drawing something beautiful

Today's walking - 30 minutes with Demi

Demi and I walked to the library (where staff played with her) and then to the local art store.


 She's such a great little trouper. An hour later she was in the car with me, bound for my art class, where she slept gratefully while I drew. I handed her this lengthy stem of flowering quince and gave her the Hold command, and she carried it down two flights of stairs and to the car for the trek home. Mommy's little helper!

In class I sat for over two hours and drew the quince, getting in all the shadows. It was hard to resist adding color to such a beautiful plant, but at this stage of Drawing I we don't use color. So far we have graduated from vine charcoal to pencil. Ink comes next but we're not there yet.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:13 PM

    This is so beautiful!! All charcoal is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, good job on the shadow, looks very realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! A very elegant drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! It was a school project that I turned in for comments and a grade.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails