On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Weaving a life


We enjoyed crispy cool weather today with a bright blue sunny sky.  Sun, in fact, is anticipated for an entire week, not a good forecast when you're worried about drought.

I can't wait to get to class tomorrow, get the first lesson, practice in class and sink my teeth into the homework. This is a beginning drawing class where I'm not expected to know anything yet, a fresh start.

Today I walked around the house and gathered up some baskets. I thought it would be easy to draw woven lines since everything is totally predictable even though each pattern is unique. Wrong! After the fourth attempt I gave up, it's an impossible task as this stage of my understanding.  I need that class. I need a teacher. I need instruction. I need help!  

1 comment:

  1. For me, nothing is easy to draw and takes extreme concentration which is difficult when you feel exhausted ...there are some who have have other methods of working---but for me it is never very fast. I don't think I am alone here .....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails