On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

First mass of Christmas

Us old folks have trouble staying up for midnight mass these days, even if it starts at 10:30 so we went to the 8:00 service instead. It was lovely and well attended even on a rainy Christmas Eve night. It's been raining all day.

I went to Juvenile Hall for an hour with my girls' group there but that was my only work of the day. The rest of the time it was wrap and clean -- and I'm not quite done with either one yet.

I'm trying to get the hang of pen and ink so tried again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails