On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Easy does it

The turtle has been my totem since I was three years old. That's another story but later, living in southern Illinois, I remember turtles stepping across the back yard when I was playing. Another time I remember naively trying to rescue a turtle from the highway in Missouri when the subject turned out to be a snapping turtle willing to whack off my arm! I've never forgiven that ingrate. For now, however, my only intent is to learn how to draw one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails