On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Far, far away

The Skellig islands are a long way from shore. A very bouncy boat ride will get you there in about an hour.

Younger souls, stronger than I, will disembark and climb the 632 steps to the top where St. Brendan the Navigator and his men braved the elements to get away from it all.

The smaller of the islands has about 20,000 pairs of gannets. Their eggs are strangely shaped so they will not roll off into the Atlantic Ocean.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails