On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, May 30, 2008

Airborne again

We flew from Cork to London. Aer Lingus had a two-hour flight delay because something was wrong with the toilets and they had to bring in a different plane. (Honest, that was the reason they gave us!)

I tried to draw fellow passengers in the waiting area. Since I don't know how to draw faces yet I just left them out. My motto this whole trip has been, "Do what you CAN do" because if I did what I wanted to do I'd be coming home with an empty Moleskine!

4 comments:

  1. I think you did a marvelous job illustrating your trip! I've enjoyed all the drawings and the stories that went with them. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lynn for taking the time to look and comment. It was fun for me to finally have a travel journal and be able to say, "I did it myself!" - Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. just catching up on your journal work today. i've been immersed in office work this week. what wonderful memories you've documented! and yes, thank you very much for sharing your trip with us.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're most welcome, Meg, it was truly my pleasure! - Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails