On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Hands up, hands up!!

Special Olympics is holding a basketball tournament here in northern California this weekend. I'm trying to make the shift from drawing from photographs to drawing from life and took this as an opportunity to sketch while my daughter played. Her team was on an outdoor court so I was drawing in public too. I've become quite shameless, not really caring who looks or says what since my own goal is to complete one page and get it posted on my blog by midnight!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:51 AM

    Way to go...drawing in public!! I've always been impressed with those that can do it. I really admire you for it.

    dot

    ReplyDelete
  2. At'ta Girl! I love a shameless woman! I bet that everyone who saw you drawing was jealous. Think of all the parents and friends in the crowd who would benefit from taking the time to slow down and enjoy the present moment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails