On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, March 14, 2008

It's a what???

isn't this a cute little guy? It's a kiwi chick, native to New Zealand, a picture I copied in watercolor pencil and ink from my photo collection. Here in northern California a kiwi is a lemon-sized piece of green fruit, sort of like a strawberry in taste and usually shipped in from New Zealand, definitely not a bird!

Today was a much better day. My daughter is feeling almost well and is up and moving and planning to be totally functional tomorrow. Whatever hit her, some sort of bronchial thing, knocked her out for a full five days. I worked my usual hours, Beulie behaved herself and everything settled into a wonderful day. And it's Friday, a true TGIF!

7 comments:

  1. I am SO glad I clicked to see the big version. Great pencil details! How large is the actual piece? (I'm with you on Kiwi's being lime-sized, fuzzy and full of seeds).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cheerful looking little critter! Thanks for starting my day with a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! This made me smile too. Wonderful job on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool bird - great sketch entry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little guy! Great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Folks! I wish I could see one in real life -- and hold it too! - Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails