On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, March 31, 2008

If s/he can do it.......



I don't know if this is a boy or girl elephant but s/he knocked the socks off me!

Today was a nice day weatherwise and in every other way. I worked but didn't have any commuting so it felt like a great day in town. Later I took Brix to the dog park to run off his winter weight. I brought my sketchbook but my little pack of drawing pencils was left behind on my desk at home so I pulled out some knitting instead. Either way, a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Glad it was a better day than Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is true. Some Elephants actually are given artclasses. Imagine my jealous reaction. Yes, their teacher is well paid and well respected Artist. This is how these Elephants are paying for their keep. They are no longer used in logging and clearing land.
    So, it is find another job or be slaughtered. There Artwork, is not cheap or first timers prices. I was going to purchase a piece from a painting Chimp. The people wanted no less than $1000.00 for the 8x10inch original and $150 dollars for a limited print.
    Needless to say Good cause or not-
    I purchased ACEOs from I hope humans on ebay and not because they are cheap.
    I really liked a couple of the Chimps pieces, but a whole months salary? I am not in that league yet. It reminded me of a woman selling Old clothes as vintage for a charity in South America. I bought two blouses on a offer of the day - pay your price- Boy! did I get told.
    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails