On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, February 25, 2008

Going into the 9th week of 2008

After six days of rain the sun came out this morning and we're told that this is the way it will be for a while.

Last night I reread Julia Cameron's chapter on walking in THE WRITING DIET and decided to take Beulie for a short stroll in our neighborhood. It was only 30 minutes, but I've already lost the first three pounds with my Clean Eating and I have so much more energy. Already there is change! My goal is to walk more days than not, even if it is for so brief a time.

In one of Hannah Hinchman's books she writes of the importance of walking and suggests that we bring something home that can be incorporated into a sketchbook. So this afternoon I grabbed a bunch of wildflowers and added a page with the wild calendula that has fascinated me all winter.

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, both of you...it was fun to draw this one! - Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails