On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Get those details

I finished a divided painting of ancient doors and architectural details in my watercolor class today. I'm fascinated by old structures and, more specifically, the little features that make them unique. And I love to draw stonework. The next time I travel to someplace old and far away I hope to fill a dedicated sketchbook with interesting corners and framings. (And maybe I'll learn what these things are officially called.)

2 comments:

  1. Talk about patience with detail! Being a destination person myself, it is difficult for me to take the time for the journey of drawing detail. Might have to take on more exercises like yours that force me to slow down and enjoy the process.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet there are lots of wonderful words to label all the parts, all in danger of being forgotten in favour of jaypeg, giff etc - I only know the 'keystone' which is the top, 'vertical' stone.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails