On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Just mucking around



If you really are bored and have nothing to do, be sure to check out my new jigsaw puzzles on the right. They're fun!

I was working off and on today and grabbed my sketchbook in between. I didn't feel motivated or inspired -- I really need to collect ideas and photos that I can't wait to work with -- so just turned pages in a magazine and drew what caught my attention. I was going to make a page of eyes but the eyes connected to the nose and the nose connected to the mouth and all of it connected to the face. I wish I had just stuck with the eyes. Eyes are so fun to draw, so expressive, so unique one to the other -- even on the same face -- and I could have filled an entire page just with eyes. Maybe tomorrow!

It is so cold here today! The furnace has been grinding away all day, I threw a few logs on the fireplace to stomp down the chill and I never got warm. It was dreary and rainy, a real cozy-up day, the kind I love when I can feel cozy and warm. This is the forecast for the entire week -- rainy and dreary and unusually cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails