On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Kirigami ornaments







Tomorrow the boys in Juvenile Hall will be making ornaments for their Christmas tree. The chaplain was able to find donors for trees on all the housing units but the trees need ornamentation. Each year I try to find something different, some new idea, that the kids can learn. This year it's kirigami. I made some prototypes this evening which only require scissors (kindergarten blunts for these guys) and glue sticks. These designs came from my 2007 Kirigami Calendar.

It's raining in northern California and most of us are glad because it's been a bit dry. It rained all day yesterday, stopped, and now it's sprinking again. I like it when storms are stacked up across the Pacific. I appreciate weather that DOES something, not the same old, same old. Rain is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails