On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Kerplunk! Oh, no!!!



Oh, dear. I was rear-ended a couple days ago. It was the most minor of mishaps, just a hassle, and even that will be minor. I was at a complete stop, right turn signal blinking, foot on the brake, watching for an opportunity to turn. Traffic was heavy-ish so I had been stopped for at least 20-30 seconds when, KERPLUNK! OH, NO!!!! The other driver was obviously at fault -- and the officer told him so -- and he was polite and insured. It's something that could have been reversed -- that second of inattention or misjudgement and I could have been the hitter instead of the hittee. So my plan is to get the damaged repaired ASAP and start the new year with a newer looking car. While he's at it, the repair guy can fix up the place where some miscreant keyed two door panels. I'm determined to make something good come of this. By the way, I don't know why we keep saying "fender-bender." The other guy's bumper was made of plastic and all the little pieces came falling to the pavement. Fenders don't bend any more.

I have one mandala to show you that never got posted. I kept thinking it wasn't finished but now I've decided it is. It's just simpler than the fill-every-space mandalas I'm more familiar with. In our art therapy class we were asked to incorporate words in a mandala. So I found a Celtic prayer of protection for pets. And came up with this (if you click on the image you can read the prayer):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails