On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

And then one thing led to another and then another

My daughter hasn't been able to find her Christmas sweatshirts and turtlenecks which have been summering in a box in the garage since last March. I went out there and started looking. It's a dreary, dark garage so I opened the door to let in some light. Poking around I found some other treasures I'd lost, located her shirts and loaded them into the washer to freshen after their nine months gestation. I tossed some junk, then noticed leaves stacked against the wall. I grabbed a rake and began scooping up the red cherry leaves that were scattered across the lawn. Then I heard Brix whining in the living room so I brought him out and tethered him to the mailbox pole where he could at least get aired out while I got exercise. Seeing him reminded me that I had forgotten to cancel a vet appointment for tomorrow but my cell phone was in my pocket so I did it then.

After about 20 minutes of raking I remembered that I hadn't taken my heart meds so I ran in to get them, quickly, before someone stole my dog or I keeled over. I raked and raked, cleared out Belle's nest under the bushes, pulled out the marigolds that succumbed to the recent frosty weeks (last night, 29º F) and replanted the space with a red geranium. I raked some more, determined to get in one exact hour of exercise, packing up the leaves from the gutter and across the sidewalk.

Where am I? Uh, the shirts did get found and are relocated to the dryer en route to her closet. The yard looks much better, although the cherry leaves continue to blow down from the tree, the garage is still a mess but it's on my list of 2008 resolutions. Oh and I remembered to untether Brix and bring him back indoors. And folks, that's what adult Attention Deficit Disorder looks like, one distraction after the other after the other and a constant inability to keep on top of leaves and garage disorder. But I'm working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails